Employment Law Update: A Focus on Compliance Issues for 2011
|mployers continue to push through the toughest economy in decades, awash with a tsunami of EEO charges and employment lawsuits, fighting the tidal wave of wage and hour claims, and adjusting to a regulatory-focused administration in Washington. Staying ahead of the trends is the best means of protecting your organization in a time of unprecedented employment law risk, legislative and regulatory activity. This seminar guides you through a multitude of employment issues, to better focus your compliance efforts in 2011.
- Discuss the latest discrimination trends and charges, especially retaliation claims.
- Identify workplace harassment issues with solid prevention procedures.
- Explain the continuing impact of social networking, texting, tweeting, and blogging.
- Analyze the onslaught of wage and hour litigation, especially in industries in plaintiffs'' lawyers'' cross hairs.
- Explore a variety of background investigation tools available to employers, from criminal to credit checks to use of the internet.
- Describe strategies to properly discipline/discharge employees in the face of a union-friendly NLRB and the tougher enforcement efforts by the EEOC.
- Explain problem absenteeism despite the confusing triangle of ADA, FMLA, and Workers'' Compensation.
|Jodie-Beth Galos, Esq. SPHR|
Jodie-Beth assists organizations avoid legal liability and build productivity by removing performance barriers through her human resource risk management practice, Galos & Associates, LLC
Jodie-Beth is a successful attorney, business woman and one of the nation's most popular and in-demand speakers on proactive employment law compliance through effective communications.
Prior to opening her own public speaking and consulting practice, she worked in large organizations including Associate Attorney with Jackson Lewis, Director of Employee Relations at Saks Fifth Avenue, Vice President at United Healthcare and Senior Vice President at Smith Barney.
Ms. Galos authored Firing Back: Power Strategies for Cutting the Best Deal When You're About to Lose Your Job. She is regularly featured on financial and business television, internet programs and professional journals and periodicals.
Jodie-Beth Galos has disclosed no relevant, real or apparent personal or professional financial relationships.
Requirements for Completion | Statement of Completion | CE Contact Hours | Disclosures